Bachelor Degree in Mathematics (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki).
Ph.D. Degree in Modelling and Simulation of Parallel Processing Systems (Aristotle University of Thessaloniki).
Computer Systems Modelling and Simulation, Performance Evaluation of Parallel and Distributed Systems, Multiprocessor Scheduling, Cluster Computing, Mobile Computing, Scheduling in Distributed Systems, Grid Computing, Distributed Ubiquitous Computing, High performance computing, Energy-efficient scheduling in large distributed systems and the grid, Cloud computing.
Best paper Awards
Other Awards - Recognition
Stavrinides Georgios, BSc, MSc, PhD, Research collaborator.
Papazachos Zafeirios, BSc, Msc, PhD, Research collaborator.
Dimitrios Tychalas, BSc, MSc, PhD, Research collaborator.
Ilias Mavridis, BSc, MSc, PhD, Research collaborator.
- Modeling and Simulation of Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Performance Modelling/Evaluation - Queueing Network Models
- Load-Balancing and Load-Sharing
- Distributed Real-Time Systems
- Fault-Tolerant Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Scheduling in Parallel and Distributed Systems
- Coscheduling of Applications on Multiple Processors
- Scheduling in Distributed Shared-Memory Systems
- Scheduling of Parallel Applications within Distributed Systems (e.g. Clusters)
- Scheduling Methods for Networks of Workstations
- Scheduling of Heterogeneous Processors
- Peer-to-Peer Systems
- Grid/Cluster Computing
- Scheduling algorithms for Grid systems
- High performance computing
- Energy-efficient scheduling in large distributed systems and the grid
- Resource discovery in Grids
- Resource allocation strategies in Grid systems
- Distributed Ubiquitous Computing
PhD students: Zerfiridis Konstantinos
MSc students: Christos Digas, 2005
PhD students: Mavromoustakis Konstantinos, 2006
MSc students: Liakakis Konstantinos, 2007
MSc students: Papastergiou Georgios, 2007
MSc students: Zikos Stylianos, 2007
PhD students: Philippopoulos Dimitris, 2007
MSc students: Malioufa Aikaterini, 2007
MSc students: Karaoglanoglou Konstantinos, 2008
MSc students: Papazachos Zafeirios, 2008
MSc students: Anastasopoulos Ioannis, 2009
MSc students: Dimitriadou Sofia, 2009
MSc students: Elli Ioannou, 2009
MSc students: Dimitrios Benis, 2009
MSc students: Gkoytioydi Kyriaki, 2010
MSc students: Yiannis Moschakis, 2010
PhD students: Zikos Stylianos, 2011
MSc students: Georgios Terzopoulos, 2011
MSc students: Sofia Stasinou, 2011
PhD students: Zafeirios Papazachos, 2011
MSc students: Anatoli Danezi, 2011
MSc students: Penopoulou Victoria, 2012
MSc students: Dimitrousis Ioannis, 2012
MSc students: Salampasi Stavroula, 2012
MSc students: Koinari Garyfalia, 2012
MSc students: Sidiropoulos Dimitris, 2013
MSc students: Christos Mpatzilis, 2013
PhD students: Loukos Fotis, 2013
MSc students: Dimitrios Tychalas, 2014
MSc students: Stavros Kyriakopoulos, 2014
MSc students: Kyriaki Skenteridou, 2014
PhD students: Stavrinides Georgios, 2014
PhD students: Karaoglanoglou Konstantinos, 2014
MSc students: Michalis Spanos, 2014
MSc students: Ilias Mavridis, 2015
PhD students: Yiannis Moschakis, 2015
PhD students: Georgios Terzopoulos, 2016
MSc students: Eva Tsitsia, 2017
Senior Associate Editor and Special Issues Editor of Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, Elsevier (from 1 /1 / 2023).
Former Editor-in-Chief of Simulation Modelling Practice and Theory, Elsevier (EiC up to 31 / 12 / 2022).
Associate Editor: IEEE Transactions on Services Computing, IEEE.
Editorial Board Member: Cluster Computing, Springer.
Former Senior Associate Editor of the Journal of Systems and Software, Elsevier.
Former Editor-in-Chief: SIMULATION, TRANSACTIONS of The Society for Modeling and Simulation International, Sage Publications, SCS.
Former Associate Editor of the ACM Transactions on Modeling and Computer Simulation.
Editorial Board Member of Future Generation Computer Systems, Elsevier.
Special Issues EditorConference organization activities
Board of Directors at Large, The Society for Modelling and Simulation International (SCS), San Diego, CA. (1rst elected (Rank 1)), June 2009 - June 2011.
Management Committee Member - National representative: COST Action: "IC1305 Network for Sustainable Ultrascale Computing (NESUS)". (Cost approval: 15/11/2013 - End of Action: 14/11/2017).
Management Committee Member - National representative: COST Action: "IC0805 Open European Network for High Performance Computing on Complex Environments". (From 1 December 2008 - Duration: 4 years).
Member of the COST Action: IC1406 High-Performance Modelling and Simulation for Big Data Applications (cHiPSet), 2015 - 2019.
Department of Computer Science at :
- the University of Manchester,
- the City University of London,
- the York University of Ontario, Canada,
- the University of Edinburgh,
- Arizona State University (ASU, Tempe).
Membership of Professional Societies